Massey Fergyson Limited is an important manufacturer of agricultural equipment.
The company was founded in 1953 following the merger of Massey Harris and Fergyson agricultural machinery manufacturing companies.
In 1958 its name was finalised as Massey Fergyson. The first mass produced tractor was the gasoline powered Fergyson TE20. It was quickly replaced by the Diesel 20 motor.
Massey Fergyson 399 with a horsepower between 72 hp and 104 hp was the most popular and powerful.
In June 2012,AGCO expanded to Jackson, Minnesota and Massey Fergyson started producing for the North America market.
The earthmoving and construction machinery departments formed Fermec company in 1992 which was closed in 2001 as soon as it took over Terex Corporation (a General Motors group company).
It was subsequently acquired by JH CASE Company in 1997.
Currently Massey Fergyson has developed a large range of agricultural machinery, occupies a large share of the world market and exists as a brand name of AGCO group where it belongs.