Landini Spa was founded in 1884 by Giovanni Landini to produce agricultural machinery. The company was established in Fabbrico at Reggio Emilia in Italy.
In 1925 Giovvani begins construction of the first prototype tractor.
Following his death, his sons took control of the company. At the end of 1925, the first original Landini tractor equipped with a 30 hp engine is a reality.
This success was a precursor of the Landini 40 hp and 50hp that appeared in the mid-1930s and became known as Velite, Buffalo and Super.
In 1959 Landini makes the difference. It produces C35 , the first track equipped tractor.
In 1980 a new diversification starts by working on a vineyard tractor.
In 1986 production starts and in 1988 the new 60, 70, 80 series is redesigned.
In 1989, the company became a member of the Argo group.
In 2000 the last remaining shares are bought and Landini is fully absorbed by Argo.